ProgHRC will run in 4 Working Modules (EU), addressing specific issues that contribute to the project’s main objectives.
The EU is designed with:
- the duration and interdependence of the work,
- the complementarity of the partners and
- the sharing of resources (financial, material, and human)
The first Work Unit starts the activities necessary to design the framework of the proposed robotic system. The requirements of such a system will first be extracted according to the needs of the potential end-user, the technical specifications will be determined and then the usage scenarios where the robotic system will be applied will be determined.
The objectives of this section concern:
- the collection of requirements and development of system specifications,
- development of usage scenarios and identification of tests,
- the design of the architecture of the overall system,
- project management for partner coordination,
- defining and executing communication strategies and disseminating measurable goals throughout the project.
- Q1.1: Requirements, specifications and usage scenarios
- E1.2: System architecture
- Q1.3: EU1 coordination and start of project communication
- P1.1: Requirements, specifications and usage scenarios
- P1.2: Architecture of the robotic system
- P1.3: Launch of a project website and presence on social networks
- O1: Specifications and usage scenarios. 1st version of architecture available.
In this Work Unit will be performed the purely research part of the project concerning programming with gradual automation in complex repetitive and periodic movements, the development of a 3D vision system for adaptability to changes in the environment and capture objects randomly placed in space and finally, the development security systems to prevent collisions and dynamic obstacles that occur in the robot workplace.
This section will develop the basic functions of the robotic system which include:
- motion control during programming of the robot with human demonstration for gradual automation,
- the recognition of the robot workplace with 3D cameras for adaptability,
- the safe cooperation of humans with robots to avoid collisions and obstacles
- E2.1: Demonstration programming and gradual automation
- E2.2: Adaptability through workplace recognition
- E2.3: Safe cooperation and avoidance of obstacles
- E2.4: EU2 coordination for compatibility of individual subsystems
- P2.1: Demonstration programming and gradual automation
- P2.2: Adaptability through workplace recognition
- P2.3: Safe cooperation and avoidance of obstacles
- P2.4: Scientific publication of research results with open access
- O2: 1st version of the developed subsystems available for the start of tests and integration (M15)
In this Work Unit, the entire system will be completed and synthesized so that it can be tested first in the laboratory and then tests with the integrated robotic system in a real industrial environment.
This section deals with:
- the integration of subsystems in the final system as well as
- the demonstration of the capabilities of the robotic system in a real environment.
The ultimate goal is:
- to assess the ability of the envisaged system to provide the necessary framework for reliable and easy-to-use scheduling of tasks with gradual automation. At the same time, a business plan for the development of ProgHRC will be prepared according to the needs that will arise from the market analysis.
- E3.1: Subsystem integration and pilot tests of the integrated robotic system
- E3.2: Testing of robotic system capabilities in food packaging
- E3.3: Evaluation of a robotic system
- E3.4: EU3 coordination and exploitation of results
- P3.1: Robotic system
- P3.2: System synthesis methodology, implementation and evaluation results
- P3.3: Scientific publication of evaluation of results with open access
- O3: Composition of an initial operating system for execution of the first evaluation phase
- O4: Perform pilot tests and evaluations in the end-user environment
This section, unlike previous ones on industrial research, deals exclusively with innovation activities. It includes the actions after the middle of the project concerning the protection of the patented results.
- P4.1: Patent 8